Hey again!
So I’ve been in country for 6 months. Wow! I’m at my IST or in-service training. It was a nice location since it only took about 3-4 hours to get here. I am loving my site. It is getting somewhat cold, but definitely enjoyable. In about a week I will head up to one of my buddies’ site and spend Thanksgiving there. Maybe have some turkey and try to stream the football games. Hopefully it will be a relaxing time, after all it will take me about 13 hours to get up North. Here at IST it is good to know that everyone is feeling the same way. You find yourself at site with a lot of free time and questioning on how you can improve on certain things. The fact of the matter is though, sometimes people are purely content with how they are and what they have. It becomes a process of ‘OK, how do we do this, and how can it be creative?”, or “What do YOU want to do?” I’m still doing a lot with the kids, or trying to. I’ve been chopping wood for the last couple of days, so I’ve been able to stop my work out routine- chopping wood is enough. The process to do this is first you slam the axe into the cylindrical shaped piece of wood, usually 70-80 pounds. After the axe is lodged into this piece of wood, you then lift up the whole piece over your shoulder and flip it- so that the axe is facing down with the wood hanging from it over your shoulder. Then in a smooth-swinging motion you slam the end of the axe onto the stump, so that the axe if facing upwards. It then splits into two. It’s quite interesting and very melodic…and therapeutic. This motion is usually one quick action and takes less than 2 seconds to complete. So I think I’ve deserved the right to not have any workouts this week. Well IST sessions are about to get going I’ll post more after Thanksgiving or sooner!
4ao.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment