Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back from Italy!

I went to visit my brother in Rome for a couple of days and wow what a weather change! I will never (well I can’t say that) make pizza again after eating some of the food. Wow…It was good to get away, but even better to see my brother. He was growing some sort of Ravens beard or something, but it was more like patches. More power to him. Rome was out of this world. The hotel was literally a few blocks away from the coliseum, which was amazing. The pantheon, the roads, and the forum it was just truly spectacular. I definitely want to go back. Maybe after my service though, we’ll see. My brother is doing well and I think that is what I enjoyed the most. Seeing him. I know he enjoyed my company too, but to see him and not via skype, well it was a late Christmas for me. We went out, drank, had dinner, all the things we hadn’t been able to do like we do during the summers. Hopefully he can find his way back to Europe during the summer and we can do it again. I know it was a great trip for him as it was for most of his friends, for me it was interesting hearing English again. I must say I kept having the problem of starting conversations in Bulgarian or ordering in Bulgarian. Smooth Jon- real smooth. I guess that means another step in the process of Peace Corps right? When your brain starts to function in Bulgarian? Always interesting. I also celebrated 8 months in country when I was in Italy, so Nazdrave! (Cheers!)

No comments: