Monday, August 24, 2009

Pictures soon...I promise.

Ok, it's been about a month here in my lovely village. I have been taking lots of pictures, situating into my apartment, and kind of getting the handle on the working bit. Frankly- I'm working a lot! It's a good thing...believe me it is. I've been teaching summer refresher courses for about a month now. I don't want to say I'm amazing or anything at so called teaching- but when you hear kids use the English you taught them- let's just say I have a sense of accomplishment. I teach about 15-20 kids in my first class and about 14 kids in my second class. It rounds up to about 10 hours a week of teaching. Crazy right? I walk to the caves and surrounding towns by eco trail- gathering information for the wikipedia site when ever I get the chance. Soon- I think I'll get the ok on the translation I provided for the wiki page and I can load it up. I've been working a lot on the web presense for my town as the town holiday (Praznik) is in 2 weeks. They wanted me to create a poster but when I found a poster already made...I just had to find the source. With a little help and some finger pointing (to the poster) I was able to get the actual jpeg file. Perfect. Saves everyone time and improves consistancy right? Right. It's starting to get really cold here- I love it...But would love to have a few more hot nights and days ahead of me before I have to bundle up. Next couple months will be busy for sure.

Ok back to work- I'll update this when I can link my camera up to the computer. For now, here's a picture of part of the peak I climbed (and continue to climb) when I have a free moment. That's my town below...p.s. LOOK HOW GREEN IT IS! ...



Bulgarian Lesson of the day: Чести Рожден Ден! (Chesti Rojden Den!) Means: Happy Birthday!

No comments: